http://www.makepovertyhistory.org iBlog: Ripping new opportunities

iBlog

Tomorrow's blog today

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Ripping new opportunities

So at work I was headhunted (who'd have thought a year ago I could have said that
!!!) for the position in work of `Social Responsibility Champion` which means I'm:

Environmental Champion (for Norwich) - making sure Norwich B&Qs recycle properly and generally are eco-friendly.
Travel Coordinator - Get more people on bikes/car shares/public transport and out of cars on way to work.
Better Neighbour Representative - Do things in the community/administer things to be done in the community which make the company sound like all round good eggs.

Anyhoo, as part of my project I've wangled (that's the technical term) a thousand pounds per financial year to donate to a charity/charities for community benefit...

So the point in this blog is to say if you know of a community project that could benefit from up to £500 of B&Q type materials and is based within twenty miles of Hall Road B&Q in Norwich then get in touch asap for a chat. I'd hate to see the money just disappear because if it's not used by the end of March (Well end of February really) then we'll never see it again.

Get in touch the usual way, benvolio underscore 1987 at yahoo dot co dot uk or you all know my mobile number, or knows someone else who does. Alternatively, wait a month and I'll post you a business card.

Also, feel free to post ideas about how B&Q can save the environment...

p.s, it's my decision who the money goes to but I can't give favourateism obviously

4 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Carl said…

    No ideas yet, but just to say big congratulations!

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Timothy V Reeves said…

    Good career move - environment and all that is a growth industry. If you make a success of it and get a knighthood B&Q will stand for "Ben and the Queen".

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger Helsalata said…

    I know of a project who need something this summer. Is that too soon? They're desperate...

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said…

    ring me

     

Post a Comment

<< Home