http://www.makepovertyhistory.org iBlog: Adventures of Indian Call Centre and How To Win By Thinking Outside The Box

iBlog

Tomorrow's blog today

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Adventures of Indian Call Centre and How To Win By Thinking Outside The Box

11:50 am
Phone goes - don't answer

12:20 pm
Call centre man) Good morning, can I speak to Miss Lauren Jessica Manning?
Me) No, I'm afraid she moved out a couple of months ago, is it important?
Call centre man) I'm calling to ask if she's aware that the government's new legislation means that much of her unsecured debt can be ...
Me) so you're calling from the british government?
*pause*
Call centre man) I'm calling to ask if she's aware that the government's new...
Me) so you're calling on behalf of the government?
*pause*
Call centre man) yes
Me) I'm sorry, but I know she's registered her new address and is on the electoral role so I don't believe you've been authorised to ring this number good day.

15:30
Same call centre man Good morning, can I speak to Miss Lauren Jessica Manning?
Me) no!!

18:10
Call centre man) Good morning, can I speak to Miss Lauren Jessica Manning?
*pause*
Me) Yes, that's me.
Call centre man) Sorry I'm after Miss Lauren Jessica Manning...
Me) Yes, that is me.
Call centre man) Are you sure?
Me) yes, I'm quite sure I'm me.
Call centre man) Okay, I'm calling to ask if you're aware that new government legislation means that much of your unsecured debt can be written off or have interest rates cut...?
Me) No, but I don't have any credit cards or an overdraught, or a personal loan.
Call centre man) Oh, well I'm very sorry to have troubled you today Miss Lauren Jessica Manning.
Me) Good day
Call centre man) Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me) thank you for your call

*fin*

3 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Mark Tiddy said…

    Ben you're a genius!!!

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Timothy V Reeves said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger Timothy V Reeves said…

    These call centre people certainly earn their money. I wonder if after that sequence of calls he said "I'm having a really bad day!"

    He's probably floating in the Ganges thanks to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home