http://www.makepovertyhistory.org iBlog: The Best Bits About Being Anglican

iBlog

Tomorrow's blog today

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Best Bits About Being Anglican

1)
Bits of liturgy that ARE written down on paper. The words are so inspirational and worshipful... if you let them be, if you just mumble them then you loose a lot of the beauty that they poses. Also saying the words that people like Charles Wesley, Isaac Watts and co would have said is also quite powerful, as to take Einstein's phrase to a different context, the modern church is `standing on the shoulders of giants`. (Sorry to modern Christians who think the limit of holy people is limited to Sky channel 671).

2)
And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Savior's blood?
Died He for me who caused His pain!
For me who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be That
Thou, my God, should die for me?

Amazing love! How can it be
That Thou, my God, should die for me!

Long my imprisoned spirit lay,
Fast bound in sin and nature's night;
Thine eye diffused a quickening ray;
I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Timothy V Reeves said…

    Yes I cetainly buy that: the modern church sometimes thinks it has completely reinvented church or even invented it for the first time! ... So do the Jehovah's witnesses, the Mormons, the Christadelphians etc etc.....
    (Actually it was Newton who said that).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home