http://www.makepovertyhistory.org iBlog: Yer, I'll have a McBlog to go please, easy on the Awesome-Bashing

iBlog

Tomorrow's blog today

Monday, May 22, 2006

Yer, I'll have a McBlog to go please, easy on the Awesome-Bashing

I REMEMBER WHAT I WAS GONNA BLOG!

Of late, I've been finding worship and Christian life a little confusing/unsettling...

Here's my hypothesis...

If God is the everything in the universe, where does my worship fit in?

With the hinderence of perspective and the fact that each of us lives in our heads - worship can only be about us and can only draw out of our experiences thus making our worship person-centric.

Here's a thoguht pattern to a Ben prayer session:

- God, You're right big n that
- God, ta for my salvation and sorry for my sins
- God, grant me provision
- God thank you for the gifts you've given me
- *random God-centered thoughts on life*

Now, virtually all of that is centered around MY experiences with God or towads MY needs. Is it that I'm selfish and apply God to me as a priority - or is it a human trait to prayer?

My confusion/unsettledness stems from this: I don't want to be the centre of worship. I don't want my worship to be tainted by the blob of Ben that is me. I want God to be in all in my worship rather than the ultimate point of my worship.

(I can taste oregano in my mouth - I think it must amplify in flavour when caseroled - yuk)

I don't know if somewhere in the last few months my worship `pattern` has changed or if I've only just become aware of this, but much as God cares for me and wants to hear about my life n all that jazz, I'm tired of talking to Him about me. t must be like a call centre rep going to the managing director of Norwich Union for a new pencil... well, sort of.

Perhaps all you insightful ladels and lentilmen *snigger* could assure me I'm only being a spanner or if there's a cool worship paradigm of which I'm not yet aware, but that ends my bloggy blog.

Say good night to the nice people, roughage man... good night

5 Comments:

  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Read your email!

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Helsalata said…

    My advice? Always add oregano sparingly- it can be over powering...

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said…

    will do both.

    thank you fine ladicles!

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Carl said…

    You are an individual. God created you that way. I'm sure he wants to hear about you.

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said…

    can still taste oregano that's mental!

    Carl: indeed, perhaps I'm just going through a phase where i don't see myself as important enough to be included in worship. but I don't doubt that God cares about my rambles.

    frikkin emo-Ben

     

Post a Comment

<< Home