http://www.makepovertyhistory.org iBlog: Spam

iBlog

Tomorrow's blog today

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Spam

I got spammed by those elaborate `all i need is your bank account and sort code` e-mails so I thought I'd take the opportunity to respond... here am thems boths:

With Due Respect:
Greetings to you, I am Mr.zongo compore, the Account Manager of Late Mr. Morris Thompson in ( B.S.I.C )Bank, here in Burkina Faso Ouagadougou Africa. I discovered his Dormant Account with a huge amount of Money Valued (Fourteen Million Dollars only) that belongs to late Mr. Morris Thompson who died in a plane crash with his entire family, if your are interested to run this deal with me, then more details will be discussed once I hear from you.
Thks,
z.compore

Dear Compore

Thank you for your condolences of the late Mr Morris Thompson. He was a very good man and a fantastic farmer. He will be sorely missed by both his family and the rest of the Ougadugu dogging community.

Regarding the monies at hand... I am of course very interested as to my inheritance. My telephone number is +++.(Dave's telephone number)

Any questions, please just ask.

Yours sincerely

MrBenjoi'n F. Fosd'ur.

==================================================================
FROM DR salam adamu
DEAR PARTNER,
I HAVE A BUSINESS TRANSACTION OPPORTUNITY FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE BOTH FAMILIES.MY NAME IS DR salam adamu, AN AUDIT DIRECTOR WITH BANK OF AFRICA BURKINAFASO.I DISCOVERED AN ABANDONED FUND WORTH OF $10.5 MILLION DOLLARS.
THE CLAIMS IS 100% RISK FREE .I NEED A HONEST FOREIGN PARTNER THAT WE CAN BOTH DO THIS TRANSACTION TOGETHER .
FOR MORE CLEARIFICATION REPLY ME BACK FOR MORE DETAILS.
THANKS
DR salam adamu

Dear Dr Salam Adamu

Thank you for your recent enquiry. I was very relieved to hear it was 100% risk free. This is the best value of free risk you can get I feel.

I expect you'll be needing my bank account number and sort code. I will provide both of these numbers backwards in the interests of internet security.

bank account number ++++++++++
sort code ++ ++ ++ (Dave's bank account details)

Any questions, please just ask.

Yours sincerely

Prof Bendullah F. Fosth'aj

2 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Timothy V Reeves said…

    I love it Ben, I just love it!

    When ever I've responded to such e-mails I've merely printed in Bold at the top of the reply:

    *** BLOCKED BY CRIMINAL FRAUD FILTER ***

    It's way below my standards of behavior to reply with the simpler but tempting:

    *** F*CK OFF!****

    BTW: how come you know Dave's details - you haven't done a bit of phishing yourself have you?

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Carl said…

    What's funnier is that I think I've been to a BSIC bank in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home