http://www.makepovertyhistory.org iBlog: Eureeka

iBlog

Tomorrow's blog today

Friday, May 26, 2006

Eureeka


Today I did partae because I did find out the solution to my pickle.








... And it comes courtesy of the Phil:

Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent, for my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."
And then the Phil and Ben of Norwich did reply "It's that simple!" John 6:28...

Christianity isn't about me serving God for the reward I reep - it's about serving God so He can reward me. I think I thought those two statements were parallels, whereas in reality, they couldn't be differenter. The first statement is a hedonistic approach to Christianity: Entering into a relationship for self satisfaction. The answer for which I was looking lies in the latter statement: Being wholly malleable for God and working out His plan for me so that God is glorified, and He can give me the blessings He wants to give me....

... God's answer to my prayer isn't a bonus for me, it's the norm for God.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    ...And the people of God said, "Amen!"

    (Well, half said A-men! and the other half said Ar-men! but they did so in much agreement.)

     
  • At 12:41 AM, Blogger Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said…

    and the unaccountable sect said `hallelujah!` but thems were 1980s pentecostals

    love benvolio, x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home