http://www.makepovertyhistory.org iBlog: If you're not for us, then...

iBlog

Tomorrow's blog today

Monday, March 09, 2009

If you're not for us, then...

I personally consider myself rather conscious of climate change slash global warming (and quite firm on defining the difference)... I recycle, turn off the lights (sometimes even when I'm using them so the environment knows I'm suffering to give it a break), I cycle to work, I am a shallow breather so all in all, I think if I were to apply for a ticket to this they might be a bit sceptic of me. But then I rememberaed earlier today that when I was wee I used to put my finger over the solar panel of my texas calculator and watch the upside down `80085` on the screen slowly but surely die a painful and calculated (see what I did there?!) death. That used to amuse me no end, so maybe I'm not so different from those those who would sooner burn oil for fun than venerate solar power?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Timothy V Reeves said…

    Here's another environmental tip: save a bit of gas by telling La to stop talking.

    BTW: I remember my school pupils doing an upside down "50337" and "77345", but I don't think they had discovered "80085" I'm glad to say - that was for a later and less innocent generation. (Actually if you're viewing upside down it should be 58008!)

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Like a true lady I shall pretend I didn't read that, you cad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home