http://www.makepovertyhistory.org iBlog: Sanctuary

iBlog

Tomorrow's blog today

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sanctuary

This is from the four rooms from Re:Jesus. It talks about the sanctuary being our lives and Jesus in them.



Where am I now?
Where is this space of light?
Or life - is it?
Still.
Tranquil.
Blue.
Peace... ful.
Can I dive into this water?
This sea of faith.
Will it wash me clean?
Refresh my life?
Can I climb down into this liquid tomb?
Loose myself for a while then burst out again.
The way they said Jesus broke out of the dark.
Mischeivous dolphin bursting from the deep.
Singing into life again.
I wouldn't know what to expect from Him.
But if this chamber of life is where I can find Jesus' suprising
death...

... Will I be interested?
Who wouldn't?
Beyond death is beyond my experience.
Any experience.
A moment of time that makes a fool of history.
A brief second bigger than all the long centuries put together.

I see you differently now, Jesus
Outside the box.
Every box.
None keeps you.
If once You were more than life...
Perhaps now You are more than death.
Once in time, now more than all time.
As if You could just turn up, surprising me in my life.
As if You might be here now when i dare not expect You.
The way no one was expecting a ressurection.
The way you stunned them: a dolphin bolting from the deep blue.

And Your leaving words:
``I am with you... Always``
Words to calm a storm or conjure a planet.
Now always present. Never gone.

And Your leaving presents:
Gifts of bread and wine
Are these here for me? for us?

You shared meals with Your friends
Laughed.
Dreamed.
Argued.
Cried.

Can You still surprise us in the everyday elements of Life?
The bread and wine of 24/7.

Are You present with us when we eat and drink?
Laugh or cry?

When we remember to mend your broken world.
When we stand with those who have forgotten.
Loosing our lives like you.
Only to find we burst again from the blue.
Singing a new life.

Can Your risen-from-deadness, raise us from deadness?
what are you saying to us now?
In this light space? this space called life?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home