http://www.makepovertyhistory.org iBlog: Dear WWF

iBlog

Tomorrow's blog today

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dear WWF

Dear WWF

I have been a keen wildlife fanatic for years now and I thought I knew all of the animals, however, while rumaging around my garden yesterday I came across a new species! Imagine my surprise!

I think it's a kind of beetle, about four inches long and an inch tall, is mainly black and flanked either side by a yellow marking that I can only describe as a `go-faster stripe`. It has six legs and pincers that I observed it used to kill and bury a small chaffinch. It has an unusally long neck but other than that, it's exactly as you'd expect a common beetle to look.

I haven't seen the beetle since otherwise I'd have killed and sent you it but I am delighted to attach a drawing drawn by me from memory (excuse the lack of yellow marking as I didn't have a yellow pen)


As this is the first new species I've discovered I'm not sure how to go about naming it or getting famous but for the interim I suggest it's named the `Hayfever Beetle` as my sister-in-law had hayever at the time of its discovery.

Let me know your thoughts

Yours faithfully

Mr Benjamin F Foster

2 Comments:

  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    *giggle*

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Timothy V Reeves said…

    Come on Ben, don't you recognise an alien invasion when you see one? You should have sent the letter to Dr Who, asking for help with the latest monster invasion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home